Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Peabody


Arkansas was a lot more fun than I expected. I had the opinion that it would be a country, small town, nothing to do kind of place...and it was...but I had fun!

I got to see the Statue of the Little Rock Nine. These kids had guts and I was very inspired to have the courage they did.

I also got to see the Clinton Memorial Library and it was pretty awesome. The building was modern and the insides were full of memorabilia from the Clinton Era in the White House.

After I saw the sights (that was all of them) I hung out in the hotel and got to see the ducks! These ducks are trained to walk a red carpet each morning and evening into and from the pond inside the lobby of the hotel. It was a lot of fun to watch and I took some pretty cute pics :)

I thought that everything was done and finished until some of the other girls asked me to go out with them. Let me start by saying that I am not the going out type and I DO NOT, by any means, dance. It freaks me out, but I decided to go anyway. We went to a dueling piano bar and it was crazy. Tons of people, in plaid, and then the dancing started. I didn't dance, but everyone else did and I sat at the table. Like a loser. Who sits at a table at a bar? I really wish that I could just dance..dance..dance like everyone else, but it really FREAKS me out. I feel like every time I start to do something that even closely resembles dancing, someone comments on it and then I stop immediately. I need therapy.

The trip was successful none the less and I met some pretty cool people :)

Moral of the Story: Please do not make me dance, ask me to dance, or comment if I start to dance. Now I am going to go and sit at a table by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment