Thursday, March 25, 2010

I am thrilled with the results...

I DID IT! and they were great! My picture doesn't do it justice, but the rainbow effect was quite awesome! I am very excited to try these a few more times and perfect the stripes. My friends thought they were cute too.

The best part of the process was how easy it was! Just follow these steps:




Ingredients:Food Coloring
White Cake Mix (and the materials to make the cake according to the box)Cupcake Pan & Liners
5 bowls

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Make the cake batter according to the box. (I recommend using egg white and white cake mix for the brightest colors.)
3. Divide the batter into 5 bowls.
4. Drop food coloring into each bowl. ( I used 10 drops of liquid coloring for each color in each bowl)

5. Stir really well. (You can see that my colors aren't that bright. After research, I have learned that gel food coloring might be the better option for BRIGHT colors.)6. Now you can start to layer the cupcake liners. Start with your darkest color on the bottom, moving up. I found that the best way to do this evenly was to lay about a spoonful of the blue batter down in all 12 liners and then spread it evenly with the back of my spoon. Then I layered the green batter in all 12 cups...etc.

7. Bake according to the package.8. Let cool, frost, and enjoy!
Moral of the Story: TRY THESE! They are great for parties, classrooms, and just to brighten someone's day. Mix the colors up!

No comments:

Post a Comment