Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hard work pays off

Let me backtrack a little bit...

This is the third time I have attended this summer conference and every year there is an awards ceremony. I love awards and watching people win awards and this ceremony is no different. However, Florida has never won at this conference, mostly because they have never nominated themselves, but it has always been disappointing. Once I took over as President, I was determined to nominate Florida for at least one award and I worked my behind to have a successful year that was deserving of such an award.

Fast forward...

It paid off. We won! Not only did we win the award that I nominated my chapter for, The Local Excellence Award, but I won an award too :) My dear friends nominated me for Outstanding Leader and I won! I am beyond thrilled and little bit sad too. I feel as though I made such an impact in one short year, but now I have to graduate. I keep imagining what cold have been if I had gotten involved earlier and had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment