Saturday, June 12, 2010

I got me a real paying job :)

Ever since my favorite store closed and left me unemployed, i have tried to decide how I wanted to waste my Summer away. I finally decided that babysitting would be a great way for me to interact with kids, but it is more open ended and flexible then a job at a daycare or preschool.

Thus began the search. I tried Craigslist, my university, babysitters.com, a local nanny placement agency and just when I thought I would never find a job or a family, I received a return email! I went, I interviewed, and I never heard back...

I was so upset, I thought the family really liked me, but then again, I think alot of people like me and it turns out..NOT SO!


I decided to give up and apply for some positions at the mall, a daycare, etc. I went on an interview or two and then I GOT A RETURN EMAIL FROM THE FAMILY! They like me, they really like me and want me to nanny for them this Summer :) I am not sure what I got myself into, the family has 3 kids, 2 dogs, and some chickens and I am working 8-5 M-F.

Anyways, it looks like this girl is a working girl! and I am very happy about it.

Moral of the Story: Just when you think it is all over, it might just turn around and be a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment