Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's my Birthday and I'll eat everything in sight...

I have been sticking to this weight watchers thing pretty clearly for the past few weeks and have seen the results in the lose of a few pounds. However, yesterday was my birthday (Happy 23rd to Me) and I ate everything in sight during the weekend and last night.

I drove to Daytona to spend the weekend with my mom, who also had a birthday this past weekend, and we ate out for every meal. EVERY MEAL! How am I supposed to work with that? Regardless of how many pounds I gained, the food was delicious and I loved everything about it. Friday night we ate at a brand new restaurant called, Vince Carter's, recently built by Vince Carter. He is not vain or anything...

The atmosphere of the restaurant was great and it is beautiful inside. This picture is one I found online because I fogrot my camera that night :( The restaurant has three different seating options: a sports bar, a dinign room, or a piano lounge. We opted for the dining room and it was fantastic. The seats were comfy, the music was pleasant, and the other tables felt far enough away that you didn't feel like you could reach over and grab their salt. The menu was just as diverse as the seating options and you cold order anything from burgers to lamb chops and anything in between. I chose a decadent pasta served with shrimp and scallops in a vodka sauce....delish. I would recocomd this restaurant to anyone visiting Daytona!

When I got back to Gainesville, my friends and I went to a Japanese steakhouse and did the hibachi grill. I love this! The food is always outstanding and we had an exceptional chef who made us laugh and pay attention the entire meal. Plus, I am not sure what they put in the white seafood sauce, but I cannot get enough of it! I pour that stuff on everything that touches my plate.




Moral of the story: Treat yourself on your birthday. You might regret the steamed veggies and sweet potato later but you'll get over a few extra pounds added to your middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment