Saturday, August 21, 2010

Movie Review

Remember when I told you I was so excited to see Eat, Pray, Love? I spaced out with this whole school starting business and never recapped the movie. Here I bring you my review:

I LOVED Eat, Pray, Love. I will not discuss in major detail the reasons for which I enjoyed this movie because I hate when people spoil a movie for me. However, I will say: Most of the movie is true to the book, Julia Roberts was fabulous, and the medicine man in Bali was the cutest old man I may have ever seen. Check out this clip of when Julia's character meets Ketut.

I really hate when Hollywood takes a book and butchers it to beyond recognition (a la Confessions of a Shopaholic) and puts the same title on the movie. It makes people less excited to read a book. Eat, Pray, Love did the exact opposite, my good friend and I went to see the movie and as we were walking out she said, "I think I might read the book because it seems like I would understand the movie better." That's an A+ Hollywood.

Moral of the story: See this movie! It will make you want to travel the world and have the experiences Elizabeth Gilbert did. or maybe that's just me.

1 comment:

  1. Never saw the movie, or read the book, but I've been hearing good reviews. Will try it out.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete