Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sometimes you just need a break...

I love my friends. Really I do. However, I am currently feeling like our friendship is not a great as it used to be. I am wondering if every friendship reaches a point where they question when the friendship broke down and if it will ever get better again. I have been having a rough few weeks with my friends and I just want to go back to the way things used to be.

I didn't really notice anything was wrong with my close group of friends until I was invited out with another group of friends. These second group of friends are not people I hangout with a lot and therefore we spent the time together catching up, laughing, and having a great time. I miss the times when my really close group of friends did that. Now all we do it gossip, talk about the crappy things going on in life, and discuss school. I think that we need a clean slate and a chance to laugh until we cry again.

My friends have made my last three years in Gainesville some of the best times I will ever remember and I would hate to have this awkward period ruin what we experienced together since we met. Our group has a lot of things coming up in the next few weeks because one of us is getting married and I hope the festivities will be remembered as happy and fun and not a memory of catty fighting.

What do I do? Do I try to pretend that things that have been done and said are forgotten? Do I talk to them and hope it doesn't make things worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment