Monday, August 17, 2009

The beginning of the End

Today is the first day of my last semester as an undergraduate at the University of Florida! I am really excited,but terrified at the same time. I have a 20 hour pre-internship at a local elementary school this semester and as much as this excites me to be in the classroom teaching, I cannot help but to dream about terrible terrible things happening to me...

Example 1: The kids decide they don't like me and they go through the process of gluing my butt to a chair. ( I know I have apparently watched too many movies, but it could totally happen)

Example 2: A gust of wind flows through the classroom and my dress flies wildly in the air and everyone if left to see my pretty panties that I have own for like 5 years. Laughing will ensue.

Example 3: I freeze. Each and every time I have to talk to the class.(I never freeze when talking, I am actually very good at keeping my mouth moving. I think that this is deep down the one I am most afraid of happening.

I am going to meet my mentor teacher and the principal of the school today. I will be spending all week with my teacher getting the classroom ready and getting to know her. Then next Monday is when the students come! That gives me 1 week to get rid of these silly dreams.

Thesis Countdown:
Pages written: 10
Pages left:10
Days left: 5

That's only two pages a day! I can totally do this!


Moral of the Story: Don't wake up in the middle of the night and be terrified of your future career. Or do.

No comments:

Post a Comment