Friday, August 14, 2009

An ode to my nemesis

T is for the time I have spent writing you
H is for the hours of research I have done for you
E is for each and every page of you I loathe
S is for the silly topic I chose
I is for the information I have yet to learn
S is for the set of honor cords I will wear in December

THESIS!

I have been working on my honors thesis for my Bachelor's degree and I have officially hit the one week time limit to submit my rough draft to my mentor. I was supposed to finish it 6 weeks ago, but I have been preoccupied with laundry, cooking, and taking a freaking break from life. Next Friday is the absolute last day I can turn the rough draft in. My title is: The Effectiveness of Manipulatives Across the Curriculum. Translation: Boring. This is not the topic I wanted, it is a small fraction of what I wanted surrounded by a bunch of stuff that my mentor thinks will look good to the thesis committee. You might ask yourself why I am willing to write a 25 page monster of a paper...let me answer this in 2 words. Honor Cords. I have worked really hard torwards my degree and I refuse to let a silly paper keep me from earning top honors regardless of my GPA. Pray for me to finish this on time.

Days left: 7
Pages written: 6
Pages left to write: 14ish

AND!!!! One of my friends found out that they got accepted to Grad School! I have feverishly checked my inbox all day, waiting for my letter, but no such luck yet! Hopefully soon!

Moral of the Story: Don't procrastinate. Ha. Ha. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment